Saturday, September 4, 2010

mommy made memories: ALWAYS THE LIFE OF THE PARTY


A SNACK BUFFET

This was a huge success at my daughters 6th birthday , and since everyone has asked me about it , I decided it would be our first PARTY post ! I am a big birthday party person ... my husband and I have 3 little kids at home so I think allowing them to have special days planned specific to them is an oppurtunity to make memories that last a lifetime . Jaylynns favorite things are marshmallows , chocolate , and cupcakes so thats what i used as a basis for setting up my menu . Use a theme it helps you to not over spend and to stay on point . This buffet was made up of chocolate dipped strawberrys , chocolate dipped marshmallows using pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks , a "chex mix" made up of her favorite things , random color themed candies and bear at the beach cupcakes (whos recipe you can find on our blog) ... I decorated the table with decorations i had picked up at our local dollar store , including the cupcake tower !!!! I made a few signs to add a personal touch to the buffet and set out heart covered ziploc bags so the kids could take some home (parents too) it was easy set up , easy serve , and easy clean up and that in my book is what makes a birthday party great !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment